Anita say “Atlanta is Steady and here is the latest report from The Atlanta Board of Realtors new release.”
The Atlanta Board of REALTORS® Releases April 2015 Statistics on Housing Market
The ABR Market Brief examines sales, prices in 11-county metro area
Atlanta, GA (May 12, 2015) – The Atlanta Board of REALTORS® (ABR), the largest association of its kind in Georgia, released its April 2015 Market Brief on residential housing statistics for 11 area counties in metro-Atlanta. Market Brief, now compiled by First Multiple Listing Service (FMLS), provides the only regionally focused synopsis of monthly sales and home prices for single family residential properties.
Supply: Atlanta area housing inventory totaled 14,836 units in April, an increase of 3.8% from April 2014. New listings totaled 5,407, up 6.4% from April 2014 and up 10.2% from the previous month. The supply for sales over a 12 month period was steady at 3.8.
Demand: April residential sales were at 4,339, an increase of 8.6% from the previous year.
Price: Average and median sales prices continue to gain traction and outpace 2014’s figures, with positive gains. The median sales price in April was $229,000, an increase of 12.3% from last April.The average sales price was $290,000, up 11.5% from the previous year.
A Word from ABR President Ennis Antoine: “We have seen several consecutive months with positive year-over-year gains in median & average sales prices in metro Atlanta. 8 of the last 11 months have positive year-over-year gains in single family home sales as well. This strongly indicates that the selling season will continue to be very active. Labor and economic statistics continue to look positive, which will also largely impact the number of first-time home buyers and the ability of millennials to obtain the necessary financing to purchase a home.”
Positive gains are always good! If you are ready to buy or sell YOUR home…it couldn’t be a better time. Call me TODAY to set an appointment to go over a unique and specialized marketing plan for your home.
Please SUBSCRIBE BELOW to our NEW YouTube Channel with tips and the latest marketing reports!